Insurance Simplified


Home      FAQ

Q: What are consumer reports?
A: Consumer reports for insurance purposes consist of credit scoring information, current carrier database information, and driving history information.
Q: Why do you need to know my consumer report information?
A: Insurance companies rate on many different factors including the ones found on your consumer reports. A big factor in rates which a lot of people may not know is insurance score. The better your insurance score, the better your rates will be on auto, homeowners, and more.
Q: What if I wish for you to not look up my reports?
A: Without your reports I can get you base rating prices. These prices may not be very accurate and by no means are guaranteed prices. 
Q: What insurance is required in Pennsylvania
A: The state of Pennsylvania requires that all vehicles on the road carry a minimum of 15k/30k bodily injury ,$5,000 property damage, and $5,000 medical payments.
Q: What is bodily injury liability
A: It helps protect you from paying medical costs, loss of income, and funeral expenses of other people involved in an auto accident
Q: What is property damage?
A: It helps protect you from paying for the repair or replacement of another driver's car
Q: What are medical payments on the policy for?
A: This coverage can help pay for some of your medical costs if you or anyone in your vehicle is injured in an accident
Q: What is collision coverage?
A: It pays for damage to your car if you collide with another car or something else such as a building, bridge or tree. If someone hits your parked car, this is considered a collision as well.
Q: What is comprehensive coverage?
A: It pays for damage or loss to your car caused by something other than collision such as theft, fire, vandalism, windstorm, or hitting an animal.
Q: What are deductibles?
A: A deductible is the amount of money you agree to pay to help repair or replace your car if you have a claim covered by your policy.
          Example 1: A driver has a $500 collision deductible on their car and wrecks into a telephone pole and does $5000 worth of damage to the car. The driver pays $500 and the insurance company pays $4,500.
         Example 2: A driver has a $0 comprehensive deductible and a rock from the road hits and cracks the windshield causing $450 in windshield replacement. The driver pays $0 and the insurance company pays $450.
Q: What is the difference between Full and Limited Tort?
A: If you select Limited Tort on your policy and are injured by another driver you may seek compensation for medical and out of pocket expenses, but not for pain and suffering and non-monetary damages unless the accident is deemed "serious" or the person at fault is convicted of a DUI, is driving an out of state registered vehicle, or the other party is intending to injure themself or another person.
Q: What is Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage?
A: This coverage can reimburse the insured driver for bodily injury and pain and suffering damages if the person who hit the driver was not insured or doesnt have enough coverage on their policy to cover the damages. This coverage goes by the rules of limited and full tort. If you have limited tort on your policy, coverage for pain and suffering and non-monetary damages could be denied if the claim does not meet the criteria set forth under the Limited Tort rule.
Q: What is dwelling coverage?
A: Dwelling coverage covers the home you live in and other structures attached to it such as a garage, porch or deck.
Q: What is other structure coverage?
A:  Other structure coverage covers other buildings on your property that are separate from your home, such as a stand-alone garage or a shed.
Q: What is additional living expense?
A: If you temporarily cannot live in your home due to damage from a peril covered under your policy, you can recover the cost of things such as rent, hotel, food, and other expenses.
Q: What is the difference between Actual Cash Value (ACV), and Replacement Cost (RC)?
A: ACV means your contents are covered for their replacement cost minus depreciation. Depreciation is the decrease in the item's value due to its age, condition, or other factors.
    Replacement cost typically means your belongings are covered for the amount it would take to replace them at the time of the claim.
Q: What is Liability protection on a home owners policy?
A: It can help protect you from financial loss if you're legally obligated to pay for another person's injuries, or damage to another person's property
Q: What is guest medical protection?
A: Guest medical can help pay for reasonable and necessary medical expenses if a guest is injured in an accident on your property.